DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ambulance taxi service.

Posted by chanel-641946 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chanel-641946 - 3 years ago

Okay, thanks Gee-Gee.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

You will still need the paper from the hospital to give to the taxi driver so his company can claim back the cost, with me I would quite happily have driven for the first three weeks but after three weeks Its a different story, I don't know what type of cancer your husband has but the radiation will play havoc with your system.

Sorry no image available

Well just in case anyone is still interested!  We asked our Doctor at the Clinique and he told us we just tell the taxi people my husband is having radiotherapy so that's what we did and we got a taxi this morning, wonderful, so hopefully that problem is sorted.  Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Are you sure you cannot have these transport claims back dated ?

Sorry no image available

The taxi would have been free for such things as scans as well depending on the distance traveled, me I had to travel 160 kms there and back four times a week for six weeks, I drive now to consultations but my consultant always offers me a claim form for a taxi.

Sorry no image available

geegee42  I really really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Sorry no image available

To be honest, Mavis C. they did ask us if we would be getting a taxi the first time we went but we had no idea it was free and just thought we wouldn't be able to afford it so we said no.  However, we are going to ask our consultant again about this so wish us luck.  Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Sorry no image available

There was lots of stuff I didn't know but after four years I've learnt a lot more.

Sorry no image available

Thanks DN.  We didn't know anything about this either!!

Sorry no image available

Thanks Kerveor