DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bunion surgery

Posted by tonybee-957727 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

If they offer you painkillers, take them! It will help with the physio as well. The first few days post op obvioulsy you will be in a fair bit of pain. You get what you put in so if you make yourself do the physio even when painful (normal because everything will be stiff in the joint) the quicker your recovery and back to normal activitiies. Everyone's recovery time is different though. I was told 3 - 4 months for most people but it was a year for me. Hope all goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Tonybee. If the operation requires you to have a general anaesthetic then CPAM will pay 100%. You will only have to pay 18 euros plus 18 euros a day for each day you are in hospital.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

The cost to me was nil ,I only have a Mutuelle for a double room but as it turns out they only have singles in that part of the facility so I stayed in the single for free .I was in hospital from 7 am Monday until Tuesday pm then it was 15 days with my feet up and a district nurse coming in to change bandages and the tummy injection to stop blood clots .There are several options for anaesthetic and I chose the general .