DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Can anyone help a friend of mine - please

Posted by berny-382476 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by berny-382476 - 3 years ago

Hi All,

Many thanks for all you replies and messages they have been very helpful.

My friend lives near Baud.

Thanks again Berny

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

This site may be of help for advice and support

www.cancersupportfrance.org

Sorry no image available
Posted by the old bargee - 3 years ago

Where does your friend live. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Hello berny

As  Isc says, it's worth  checking out scarves,turbans etc. When my Mum had cancer, I found her some lovely headscarves online. I'm afraid it's a while ago now so I can't remember the site I used, but I googled something like "head scarves for cancer sufferers", and there were lots of possibilities. I bought her several (she also had a wig but didn't always want to wear it) and she enjoyed being able to show a bit of indivuality and fashion sense even when she was so ill.

Good luck to yor friend

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by lsc-405202 - 3 years ago

http://www.e-cancer.fr/Patients-et-proches/Ressources-utiles/Magasins-de-perruques/Carte-des-perruquiers

Hello berny - above is a link to a list of hairdressers (below the map)  in the Morbihan who can supply wigs.  I visited no 5, who was very helpful, spent lots of time with me, without pressuring me to buy.  I got my wig from hairdresser no. 13 on the list - again very helpful and sympathetic. She helped me choose  a wig which gave me confidence when I really needed it.

The hospital/clinic where your friend is having chemo will be able to give her lots of information.

In retrospect I would have taken a friend with me to help me choose the wig. 

I would also have taken more time to investigate some of the lovely scarves and scullcaps which the hairdressers can also supply - there are loads to choose from - as wigs can be very expensive and at times uncomfortable.

I hope this helps.  Good luck to your friend and let me know if you need any more information.