DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

carte vitale

Posted by chanel-641946 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chanel-641946 - 3 years ago

Thanks Candid.  We have twice had blood tests with the nurse at the surgery and once at the Laboratory.  By the way, we found it is best to make an appointment at the laboratory or you may be in for a very long wait, worth knowing!

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

You can make appointment to  visit local nurse for blood test or have him/her do one at your home.Have never been to laboratory for one.Dr gets result same day and me 2 days later by post.Had flu jab yesterday morning at home.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

Interesting I've never shown or been asked for my passport, maybe they were just happy with my carte vital. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chanel-641946 - 3 years ago

Thank you Bretonne for your very helpful reply, I really appreciate it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

You can go to any chemist with your prescription and your carte vitale and details of your mutuelle if you have one.  The advantage of using the same chemist is that they usually keep the mutuelle info on their computer system so that you do not have to show this each time.  You do need to show the carte vitale for every prescription.

If you buy over the counter medicines the chemist does not need to see your carte vitale.

You can go to any laboratory for your blood tests as long as you take your carte vitale and the ordonnance for the blood test.

Hospitals always need ID.