DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

carte vitale

Posted by gembared - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stannardm@rocketmail.com - 2 years ago

Thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure that in France you're taxed on household income, not individual income stannardm

Sorry no image available
Posted by stannardm@rocketmail.com - 2 years ago

Is the 9650 per individual? As our joint income is more than double this amount but the split is heavily weighted towards myself rather than my wife?

I get c 13000 and my wife gets c 7000 at the moment will increase in app 6 years time by 8000/yr extra then increase again in another 3 years by the state pension rate app 16500/yr

Regards

Martin

Sorry no image available
Posted by Treetop-10047522 - 3 years ago

Hi Gembard just done all our paperwork , if you need a list of what is needed please by all means message me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

If you look at my comments on the thread"Required Insurance and the best options" that gives you the up to date situation re getting French State health cover.

PM me if you want any more help and advice

Sorry no image available
Posted by gembared - 3 years ago

thanks to all for advise  , kind regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/soins-et-remboursements/cmu-et-complementaires-sante/cmu-de-base-une-assurance-maladie-pour-tous/cotisation-et-prise-en-charge-de-vos-soins.php

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin King-393934 - 3 years ago

Virago.Just seen your post. Again I didn't know that fact. Looks like I am eligable to live in France with access to their carte vitale. I need to rethink my plans.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin King-393934 - 3 years ago

Can empathise with that Tryval.Been in the situation where I have paid uk tax/nic for over 40 years but no uk help when I was made homeless and jobless.Could not get help into work in France either despite having paid impots for 15 years.Seems I fell through all the 'safety nets'!

Unclemort.Thank you .Will try that on my next visit to my French HOME.

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

@gembared - if you've lived in France for longer than 3 months, and you have an income of more than 9650? Euros per year, then you can apply for a carte vitale by virtue of the CMU B.  If you google CMU B you'll find all the info and the download application forms.  Depending on your income you will pay 8% on anything over 9650 euros by way of your contribution into the health system, which will give you the same rights as a French national.  It is up to you whether you then take out a top up assurance to cover any shortfall.  Good luck. (Ps  the figures I've quoted may not be exact but they are thereabouts.)