DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Carte Vitale

Posted by simon2010 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

The new Social Security Financing Act for 2016 provides for the creation of a universal health protection (Puma = Protection universelle maladie) because of the professional activity or the steady and stable residence ( 6 months* ) in France.

Decrees should specify the conditions of application of this measure.”

When??

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F16622

i.e. every person should be insured in their own right.

Project as described in October which is supposed to simply everything.

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2015/10/23/l-assemblee-vote-la-creation-d-une-protection-universelle-maladie_4795253_3224.html

There could be problems in the transition to the new system, once the decrees made.

*Note the difference between the 3 month rule of residency, which now changes to 6 months.

This was taken from French Entree forum.

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

Just incase anyone is concerened by what 'steve' has written - its here 

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/droits-et-demarches/par-situation-professionnelle/vous-etes-sans-emploi/vous-n-avez-pas-d-activite-professionnelle.php

As far as I read its to give the ayant droit their own card so its 'private' - repayments to their own account /own amelie email etc.

As a 'major' you can decide to keep the card as it is or change to your own!

Over 16 s will get their own card.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

As Lottie13 says, get it done quickly, as they are most certainly phasing out the rights of a dependant to 'piggy back' on your carte vitale, and is to be phased out completely this year.

Steve

Sorry no image available
Posted by simon2010 - 3 years ago

Have asked RSI for forms but will try every avenue as well. Critical we get somewhere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Simon- the best thing to do is to ask RSI to send you the appropriate forms by email, or post, it is ONLY from them that you can do this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 3 years ago

Here it is with the ability to fill in via the computer!!

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/R1198

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by simon2010 - 3 years ago

Have a really good couple of french friends and they have been in contact with RSI who keep saying complete the form and send the relevant info.

Will keep on plugging away and thank everyone for the help and advise.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rance-384571 - 3 years ago

Yes reveuse i right but unfortuntely RSI prove all too often to be totally inept. I have never known any organisation to be so useless. Sure some people don't get ny problems from them but I know and have helped so many with basic and simple matters with the RSI and having done so and agreed it will be put right, the next month some can be back to square one and so it goes on.

I know of some couples that have had crazy demands of well over €50k, then when that gets sorted out, one arrive for €300, that gets paid and once again a further demand arrives for €35k !! You couldn't make up some of the pathetic errors I have seen.

Yes go to the RSI and explain......good luck but it is a simple (ot really should be) matter to put your OH on your health cover. You are not with CPAM.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

simon, if your healthcare is via rsi then it's nothing to do with cmu so looking on the cmu website is a waste of time. Suggest you contact rsi and tell them you want to add your wife as an ayant droit and they will tell you exactly what to do, it shouldn't be complicated.