DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

CPAM - after 5 years, question?

Posted by Iguana Rock - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

Now that people are able to apply to CPAM after three months residency does five years actually have any significance at all?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

All we had to send was the Avis d'impots for 2014. (If non-EU citizen you have to send another proof, ie EDF or SAUR bill).

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

I'm just deciding should I be good and just send a copy of my electric bill or copy everything and give them a headache :)

Sorry no image available

Yes, Chris1, we had the same letter today!

Sorry no image available
Posted by chris1-400976 - 3 years ago

I've had my cv for 8 years and today received a letter asking for proof of residency, it never stops the paperwork still I suppose it keeps them in work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

It will make absolutely no difference, you are already receiving exactly the same deal from CPAM as the rest of France (give or take).

The only thing about the five year period is that CPAM cannot refuse your application after that, but since they obviously didn't in any case, nothing will change. If you start writing to tell them how long you've been in France (which they obviously know already if you've been on their books for 5 years), at best they'll ignore it, at worst they will get confused.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Livingin29 - 3 years ago

Hi Iguana Rock.  In theory, you should not have to do anything but I recommend you send a letter by Recommandé Avis de Réception to your CPAM stating that you have lived in France since 'date', without interruption, in a manner stable and regular (here it is in French "Depuis date, nous avons résidé en France, sans interruption, dans une manière stable et régulière."  While this will confirm that you are entitled to access the French healthcare system as a 'permanent resident' under the 5-year rule, it will not relieve you of paying the 8% annual fee until one of you reaches the UK State Pension age and becomes entitled to an S1.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Buster, I was rather hoping that was the case!

Exmansworthy: That wasn't my question and I am aware of the varying rates, thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

If you have a carte vitale there isnt anything else todo!!

If you are goingto get a UK OAP then you will recieve a form S1 to submit to cpam & your 8% contributions will stop!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exmansworthy-10052202 - 3 years ago

Dont assume that everything is refundable by CPAM @ 70%..some medicines can be 15, 30 & 65% & some other 'actes' are just 60%. Forfait hospitalier is 18€ per day for more than 24 hours...