DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

CPAM and the flu jab

Posted by rance-781573 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Good point Orme2.

The facts are that for the greater part the medical profession are not stupid,you can look on the internet until the cows come home and you will find those people who are selling alternative medicines for flu protection stating that just 1.5% of people who have the flu jab are protected. Then you can go elsewhere and see this:
http://www.webmd.com/vaccines/how-effective-is-flu-vaccine

Then elsewhere one in three are helped, then another state 50% and so on. TBH I would prefer to listen to the medical profession that those with an alternative form of medicine that they wish to push.

You pays your money  (and of course in many cases it is free) and you takes your choice

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme2 - 3 years ago

Sorry, that should read 'Dr Mercola'.

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme2 - 3 years ago

gregor, doesn't Dr Mercor have a business selling 'natural remedies'?  That would mean that he is in competition with the pharmaceutical companies who make the flu vaccine.  He is unlikely to sing its praises!

Sorry no image available
Posted by gregor-415697 - 3 years ago

Check out this and other informative sites.A friend of mine ended up having a stroke the day after his flu shot.   

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/26/media-deceive-facts-regarding-flu-vaccine.aspx

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

Would rather have the flu jab than an attack of 'real flu' Only ever had flu once and hope never to have it again.

Sorry no image available

Ye of flittle faith, this kind of claim has to be backed by the Health council. And in France, with all the cutbacks since 10-15 years ago, I doubt they would be giving away hundreds of thousands of vaccin if it didn't work in the majority of cases. CPAM have far more to gain by NOT offering the flu jab but then of course if they don't offer it, those suffering bad cases of flu, will cost them a lot more in the long run, including many hospitalised caseswith the young,elderley and those in poor health. If there are mutatons, like last winter, then not much can be done if the flu vaccin is not as effective as could be.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

"proven as better"

by the pharmaceutical companies no doubt.

Sorry no image available

Could you point us in the direction of how you came to your belief that only 2% derive protection against flu after having the injection? I am aware that some flu strains may surprise us all every winter but having read myself that protecting certain people against flu by way of vaccination has long been proven as better than not having the jab.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gregor-415697 - 3 years ago

I wouldn't bother with flu shots.I have read they put such poisons as mercury and sqaline in them to act as a carrier.Its my belief that only about two percent of vaccinated people derive protection,meanwhile the drug companies make millions from this annual chirade.Make sure your vitamin d and c levels are up to scratch in our dark cold winters and look at alternative medicine like nano silver for when we are coming down with a lurgy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Very good to see how thorough the system is but hopefully we are still allowed to choose not to have the jab.