DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dentist

Posted by Spicy Munchkin - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Welshman-438283 - 4 years ago

Hi, had same problem myself on our last visit. I needed emergency treatment for severe toothache and tried every dentist in Loudeac (closest to us) without success and promises of an appointment in a month etc.....

I found a dentist in Plemet who saw me the same day ( gave me an evening appointment) and sorted me out. Very grateful I was too!

If you Google Plemet dentists you'l find them. I'd certainly recommend them

Hope this helps

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spicy Munchkin - 4 years ago

I sympathise Tryval :(  I am taking anti-biotics and parecetamol/codiene and my Dr said I can also take 500g more of paracetamol.  when i go to bed i have to take double the codiene's just to last the night!!  

At least I know now I just go the Dr's for tablets, but yes frustrating to wait so long for the dentist. 

hope you get sorted soon!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 4 years ago

S MUNCH ? I have been back for repeat  prescription , no problem with the doc, because of the appointment  with the dentist, I hate taking tabs, but the cold flannel is not working,

Kindest Regards.

Sorry no image available

Hope it does help, I have a month to wait, but the Docs anti anflam and antibiot does help enormously, and I am registered with a dentist, (who i like) but a MONTH!!!!

Bretonne thanks for the heads up re dentiste de garde, merci.

Sorry no image available

Hi - yes this is exactly what I did 2 days ago, I was in agony so the doctor gave me anti biotics and painkillers for a week and said get to see a dentist .......11 days I have to wait for that LOL :( 

Oh well after this I will be registered with a dentist and I know to go my GP :) 

thanks for everyones advice x

Sorry no image available

I sympathise, earliest appointment, 23 March, am in a lot of 'discomfort', went to GP, {MG), he has put me on anti inflamatries and antibiotics, not keen on pills, but, much easier, maybe a solution if you have a while to wait?

Kind Regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerivon - 4 years ago

the surgery at Quintin is supposed to be good. 

Sorry no image available

ok thanks bretonne

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 4 years ago

Your local pharmacie will have a list of dentists in your area.  Ask them how to contact the "dentiste de garde" (emergency dentist)

Sorry no image available

ok can't get an appointment there, in really bad pain any suggestions??