DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Disability benefits in France?

Posted by MoutonRouge-437553 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Mine have been the same since September 2013 and have not changed ,I will give them a ring this week and find out if I should get an increase.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ropeyxxx123 - 3 years ago

disability payments as of jan 2015  for a single person     9200 euros

for a couple     14.345 euros

as confirmed by social  mediateur  cotes d armor

Sorry no image available

I don't understand the refused sick pay bit as your doctor issues the sick note and RSI will pay for the time you have off,that's how it worked for me the info went straight via my doc to the RSI and within a few days they paid the benefit at the level I was entitled to,they have a minimum around 20€ a day or more depending on your contributions, after you have been off sick for around a year you will be called in for an assessment where they will decide whether to leave you as off sick hoping you will improve or decide as in my case you won't improve and then they will put you on a disability pension instead.if it was 14grand a year I would be quite happy but its ten.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MoutonRouge-437553 - 3 years ago

Thanks again for the replies, really appreciate all the information.

I've just been refused sick pay by RSi but I'll post in a new post on that.

@ropeyxxx123 - Tom, I'm sorry to read your situation and that you're having to battle when you're unwell. I hope you get somewhere with it soon.

Sorry no image available

I cannot understand the problem,if the op is an AE and is unable to work due to a disability then the RSI doc will assess his level of disability and he will be allocated a pension based on his French cotisation payments ,has nothing to do with the uk at all,if it is decided like my case he is unable to work in any full time profession he can apply for a top up benefit if his pension is below 10,000€ a year and that's for a couple regardless of what any one else tells you.You are allocated a pension if the disability stops you doing the profession you are registered for ,if you can do something else you can still receive the pension as long as your income falls below a certain level.

Sorry no image available

hi

well you are really one of the lucky ones.then.

hopefully the op will have the same speedy service as you appear to have recieved.i have over 200 contacts .ALL EX PATS who have suffered in the same way that i am at the moment.and even the social worker had no answer to my question WHY.

anyway this is not helping the op at all rgds

tom

Sorry no image available

I've been there done it ,its straightforward all sorted very quickly

Sorry no image available

hi moutonrouge

yes all rsi/caf payments are means tested,including if you have one your wifes pension

doctor will refer you to assesment centre.they will then decide how much disability you have.

you may recieve ahh payments or rsi pension payments.depending on level of disability.

do not rely on rsi to contact the uk for you do it youself.they will require your work history.stamps paid for your period in the uk.they may then look to paying you aspa.40% of this allowance is payable back to the government on your death.it is  a long road believe me ive been there.

to conclude a resident in france who has been here over 5 years and paid in to the  system.

entitelement to basic living allowance in france is a single person ,approx 9000 euros a year

and a couple  14000 euros.forgot to say you will also either recieve a french pension,or lump sum payment for the years you have worked in france..

i refused aspa.but recieve a part pension from uk im only 61 and still await to see what disability top up rsi will give me.it is now 16 months since my application.and this is with my social worker and the mediateur.caf/rsi may have impressive websites.but as far as getting money from them

its an absolute nightmare.and my prognosis is approx 2 t0 5 years.do not wish to put you on a downer im sure people here will have a more positive line for you ,hope so.

take care

tom

Sorry no image available

Forgot to mention but in France there is a minimum amount you are expected to be able to live on and if you receive a disability pension or long term sickness benefit and fall below this level you can claim other benefits to take you up to this amount ,if on sickness benefit its RSA dealt with by a social worker if you receive a disability pension then you deal only with the RSI.You do not automatically qualifie for disabled parking rights or other various disabled rights these you have to apply to to consuel general for.

Sorry no image available

I take it you are off work due to illness or injury and at present signed off sick and receiving sickness benefit,if this is the case then a doctor at the RSI should assess you with regard to your disability,the decision is his or hers not your doctors as to what level of disability you are.It was eighteen months before they assessed me then another assessment three months later then signed off as disabled.If they decide you are partially disabled you will receive a benefit payment and still be able to work ,if they decide you are unable to work you will receive a pension based on your income over a ten year period (revenue fiscal).If you are a micro or AE then get the ball rolling with the RSI asap as you are still liable for the tax pro even when your only income is sickness benefit.