DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Does Carte Vital have to be activated?

Posted by Philealing - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Yes, you can do this at a Pharmacy too. If you need help just hand over your card to the employee and ask them to 'mise a jour' for you. You will then know what to do for next time. I actually thought it was once per year but perhaps it's every 6 months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

The card needs to be used at least every six months to show the user is still alive/living in France.You can do this in the green boxes in CPAM or chemists

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Mine arrived promptly and has operated ok for about 5yrs., o.h. (French) tells me it needs to be "updated" regularly, The pharmacy can do this. If, for some reason, you have lost the right to a CV, the chemist should be able to tell you.

Good Luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chenille-642548 - 3 years ago

I waited (patiently) for 18 months for my new card to arrive.  Finally, the long awaited day came and it popped through the letterbox!

However, my joy was short-lived because when I tried to use it 4 weeks afterwards it was rejected with advice to contact RAM!  I've now been without a working CV for 4 years but I still have my attestation so know that I am covered - but I've given up all hope of ever having an actual card!

I've been here 10 years and without a valid CV for the past 4 of them!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 3 years ago

I don't think it could have been more that six months. It was complicated by the fact that a lot of faulty Carte Vitales were sent out which they spotted themselves and sent out replacements.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

How many months before? I think that they have to be activated every six months. Most pharmacies will do this.