DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EHIC

Posted by the old bargee - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Balli - 3 years ago

Hubby and I are both early-retirees. We both applied for our CEAM online via the Amelie.fr website.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dragoon-638717 - 3 years ago

Make life easy for yourself and just ring 00441912790575 and this will put you to the exact dept that you want.

Sorry no image available
Posted by flobeck - 3 years ago

If you are retired on a pension then you get it from the UK - you need to ring them it cant be done on line I know - I spoke to them yesterday the number to ring is 00 44 191 218 1999

What to do if your EHIC expired more than two years ago

If your EHIC expired more than two years ago, and you have a valid S1 that is registered in another member state, you will need to request an EHICE application from the Overseas Healthcare Team. Contact them by phoning:

0191 218 1999 – from the UK 00 44 191 218 1999 – from outside the UK

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

They have a good website. I'm based in the UK and so was able to renew all the families EHIC. the replacement cards came in 5 days. Beware of websites that charge - EHIC is free they only need your NI number. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 3 years ago

If you are living here on a UK retirement pension then you get it renewed by the Department for Works and Pensions in England.  They are very helpful if you telephone and will arrange for the card to be sent to your French address (I have just had mine renewed this way).  If you are economically active in France and have a CarteVitale then you will be able to get a French European health cover card.