DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EHIC

Posted by enthuisiasm - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 4 years ago

Enthuisiasm, had your EHIC card expired? Are you receiving a UK state pension? If yes to both, then you would need to fill out a form again as the card had expired. If not, then you would, as said by others have to telephone the number that deals with expats in the EU that are receiving a UK pension. If you telephone the normal number to renew it only allows UK RESIDENTS to re apply this way, the automated message asks if you are resident in the UK, so it would not allow you to do so. If  you are not sure always telephone the overseas number for UK pensioners abroad, or, just Google renewing a EHIC card for expats, this directs you to the information. It's sounds to me like you have just got yourself in a pickle really!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

Enthusiasm.  I was told the only number to do it on was the one I quoted, and that is also the one on the letter that accompanied ours which arrived in 4 days.  I tried the other ending in 1999 first, then got passed to another who were also very helpful, she was a supervisor, and gave me he direct line if I didn't get any joy with the number she gave me to ring,  so don't try any others, just 00441912790575.  

Try that number and they will tell you what is happening with yours.   Don't lose your enthusiasm. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

There is another thread that is running regarding this.

renewing your EHICcard

Covers most of the problems.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 4 years ago

SorryOzzy, just noted your number too!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no image available

hello Granny Dot,

I spoke to a lady who said EHIC would arrive with me in 10 days er? never arrived. So one again I telephoned. A fantastic chappie answered, told him I was still awaiting for  EHIC. He checked on the system and said "sorry, no record of you applying, would you like to apply?",

Here we go round the mulberry bush. . 

Is the system now A Monty Python mick take. When you telephone anywhere in the UK it is a long winded robotic repititous answering  system. Oh for the days of TELEPHONISTS? The gentleman assured me that it would be posted. tel 0191 2181999 OPTION 1  Good luck everybody Hi de hi. 

mus'nt grumble

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

To renew your EHIC you HAVE  do it by phone IF.

you are drawing your state pension, and you live abroad.

You don't need to fill in any forms to send back.

ring.  00441912790575 you will need to have your old card if you have one, and what was your national insurance number if you are just applying for your first one. it lasts 5 yrs.

they are very helpful, I have just done ours, he said should be with me in 10 to 14 days was here in 4 days.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 4 years ago

From the NHS.uk website: 

"You cannot apply online for your UK-issued EHIC if you live abroad. You must apply by post using form EHICE, which should be sent to you automatically with your S1. If you haven’t received an EHICE application, please contact the relevant organisation.

If you have not received the EHICE application form, contact the Overseas Healthcare Team on 00 44 191 218 1999."

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

Actually not everyone can apply online.   I've tried.   Then got an email back from them saying I needed to fill out their form and post it.  I did that last August and I am still waiting to receive it.

Sorry no image available

Thank you Driver54 We have made a note for next time. kind regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by Driver54 - 4 years ago

You can apply on line

https://www.gov.uk/european-health-insurance-card

And they only last 5 years