Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.



Posted by Wendy Debu - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 4 years ago

If you are in receipt of the UK state pension then it is the UK which will provide your EHIC - there is information in this thread which will help you apply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 4 years ago

To clarify for the OP - you get your CEAM (EHIC) from whatever organisation issued your carte vitale. It's not like the UK where there is only one national health authority that does everything for everybody. In France there are several different ones so you have to contact the one that you registered with. If CPAM issued your carte vitale you ask them for a CEAM. If you're self employed you ask whatever caisse you pay your cotisations to. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

See. My earlier thread on the same subject ......