DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English speaking therapist in Brittany?

Posted by Kenova - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ju - 1 year ago

Hi Kenova,

Did you manage to find an english speaking EMDR practitioner in Brittany? I am looking for one as well and no luck so far. Thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kenova - 3 years ago

Thank you, unfortunately none seems to speak English, at least that it shows on the website :(

I think someone tried to answer but the answer was deleted, if you have a name please comme in private message as apparently it's not legal to give it publicly?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

This EMDR website may help - http://www.emdr-france.org/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Oferyas-807188 - 3 years ago

Interesting to hear of an 'Asperger Coach' in Normandy. Don't dismiss the possibility of effective therapy via Skype, though it probably wouldn't work with EMDR. In any case, I've not heard of EMDR being recommended with Aspergers-based anxiety - conventional CBT, to cite a more widely known therapy, needs to be modified to be fully effective when working with Asperger-related conditions.

Apologies to other readers for the technical language - If you don't know what we are talking about, you are fortunate not to be dealing with these issues!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kenova - 3 years ago

yes we re considering a trip to UK to start with... it s for an adult. fortunatelyone of my firends is an asperger coach but he lives in Normandy so  a bit far

Sorry no image available
Posted by Oferyas-807188 - 3 years ago

Are you talking about therapy for a child or an adult?

Either way, good luck: diagnosis and support in France for any Autistic Spectrum Conditions can be haphazard and based on outdated psychotherapeutic principles. The website 'Counselling in France' may help you to locate someone with appropriate experience, but the choice may be limited in a rural area.