DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

French Opticians.

Posted by Werner-402730 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

... sorry, I should have said the dummy run can only be done with fixed focus, not progressives...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Werner-402730 - 3 years ago

Thank you very much Hazy2.That has answered my question perfectly.Have a good week-end.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

Hi  hazy2..... I don't know whether you are long or short sighted,  and although you are right in saying opticians both sides of the channel write out prescriptions that are the same, there is a different notation in UK  (where a minus figure within a bracket becomes a bigger final figure when the calculation is done), which can be confusing.  Ask your optician if you are in doubt, and then get them to make up the strength of the prescription in the dummy frame to be sure.  But the answer is 'yes';

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

Prescriptions are the same in any language. With a UK prescription Ive had glasses made up in France, Hong Kong and Singapore whilst on holiday there. My French mutuel and a bit off from CPAM  reimbursed part of my French ones and in Hong Kong they were a third of the price including transitions, varifocals, all the extras.