DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

health card e111

Posted by horsemanfrance29 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

Sorry Jake, but don't know where you have tried to use it? Yes you still have to pay, they note the number from it. You can claim back here is you are here long enough. We have had cause to use one a couple of times when the grandchildren have been here, and no they are not useless.

the French know more about that system than the English do. We had need to use ours in the UK when my husband needed weekly injections, the surgery looked at it and said what do I do with thIs? Another example in England a friend tried to present her to the doctor when she had to extend her stay and ran out of medication, no you don't need that you are over 60. When she got back to France she had a letter saying we see you have now gone back onto the NHS so we have cancelled your CV. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 4 years ago

Sorry Jake, but don't know where you have tried to use it? Yes you still have to pay, they note the number from it. You can claim back here is you are here long enough. We have had cause to use one a couple of times when the grandchildren have been here, and no they are not useless.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

Whilst holidaying in France a few years ago, and needing to see a doctor, my EHIC was accepted.  Why would it not be?  But at the same time, as it doesn't cover much more than an initial emergency treatment, holiday insurance ( or a big bank balance) would be needed also.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jake-385069 - 4 years ago

EHIC is useless anyway,the French don,t want to know it,best to take out decent travel insurance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Football mad - 4 years ago

The E11 is no more but they probably have an EHIC. If they need treatment they will be asked to pay and be given a "feuille de soins" . When they get home they can present this for reibursement although they should only receive the same reimbursement as a French citizen which is in general 70%