DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hospital only mutuelle -what's covered?

Posted by Philealing - Created: 2 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by genie-382498 - 2 years ago

be careful, we paid a hospital only policy for 8 years and when hospitalized we then found out that we had to have spend more than 4 nights in hospital to claim back !! Read your policy carefully.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 2 years ago

Thanks all. Yes the bill is for the bit not covered by the CV. It sounds like I will most likely be covered for the pre-op so will call them and take the plunge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 2 years ago

Think the poster thought the balance should be covered by a Hospital Only cover top-up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy - 2 years ago

But the consutations should be covered by your carte vital up to 60/80%

Sorry no image available
Posted by vichy-445734 - 2 years ago

Hi you should maybe tel your insurance company, all policies differ, 

Try emailing your insurance company 

Our insurance guy speaks perfect English, you may find someone in their (your brokers office ) speaks English. 

Good luck 

V

X

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 2 years ago

Hi ,I am paying a fortune for 100% hospital cover and its just what it says on the tin.If i am in hospital for an overnight stay or longer its covered.Xrays,tests,pre op consultations or anything that only needs a visit is not covered.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 2 years ago

I have my mutuelle with Harmonie and have never had this problem 'You are obliged to have a pre op RDV apart from emergency surgery ,maybe a closer look at. your policy or go in and see why they are refusing to pay .

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl - 2 years ago

Surely "hospital only" says it all.  It's "hospital only" and not anything leading up to it or indeed, after it.  I may be wrong but I'm sure other people will advise.