DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mutuelle - the benifits

Posted by shepherdscrook - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

the CAF amount is fir french and english pension combined ,how about additional income ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 3 years ago

We have only had this particular mutuelle for 2 and half years we were paying the normal rate just like anyone else.

We used to pay as I have said 88 euros when we were with harmonie and that was NOT SUBSIDISED. We got great cover for what we were paying we only changed to plansanté because everyone at my OH place of work were doing and it looked a good offer or else we would be just like anyone else paying their mutuelle and thinking we still had a good deal.

Harmonie have always been cheaper then the rest and we were with them and their preceding names for around 25 years. We started off paying 70 FF a month and thought that was a lot!!!! for 3 of us!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 3 years ago

All well and good but how many of you over 65's with less than a 10,000€ annual pension claim your 500€ a year free reimbursment from the CAF for your mutual insurance ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Yes, The effect of asthma has to be severe for it to be covered 100%. However if I have understood your reply correctly, my original comment is correct. Your mutuelle are not NOW paying anything towards your Diabetes, Heart or Asthma meds. 

Given how expensive mutuelles are, particularly if you are an indiviual rather than getting one via work, I think it is important to be clear about what they do and do not cover.

I have known people take out an expensive mutuelle because they thought they would otherwise have to pay tens of thousands of pounds if they needed major surgery or dialysys or something similar, which is not the case.

Sorry no image available

Ok sorry didn't know it was not available for everyone but as you can see from others who pay a little bit more they stil get a good deal.

Asthma is not covered 100% as have had asthma since coming to France back in 1983 and before we had our first mutuelle it was always tier payante and when we got our mutuelle they always paid the balance.Today since I had heart problems and they found I also have diabetese the Dr now puts my asthma meds above the line which means 100% but if he puts them or anything else below the line it is tier payante and the mutuelle cover that.

Only diabetese and cardio problems are covered 100% plus othere diseases .

The only thing I got with having asthma was  a free anti-flu jab every year ( still do of course).

Sorry no image available
Posted by janes-394036 - 3 years ago

Diabetes, coronary problems and asthma are normally covered 100% by the social security so your mutuelle will not be contributing ti them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Yes but it is subsidised by your husbands work - so not much good to the rest of us!!

Sorry no image available

With harmonie we were paying 88 euros a month and that was not subsidised but we get better cover with Plansanté and my OH will not be retiring for another 4 or 5 years and then we hope to move back home so cost wouldn't come into it and even if we did stay if we stay with Palnasanté they will continue that payment for another 2 years afterwards - in the contract.

Sorry no image available

we pay 84 uros a month which covers us both. it pays for me really so my OH is free as I have diabeitc, heart and asthma meds every month which come to more than that.

We used to be with what is now harmonie - we had been with them for around 20 years but even though had the top cover it didn't re-imbourse us for a lot of things which Plansanté does.

With harmonie I could have had a denture for 200 eros - my payment - but with plansanté it is only going to cost me half of that.

We have been in France for over 30 years and first had a mutuelle with MAAF where we have our house & car insurrance but Mat35 were cheaper - now Harmonie - they have had 2 name changes when were with them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

Company health insurance is normally a lot cheaper for employees. When your husband retires it may also be too expensive for you!!