DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mutuelles Price Increases

Posted by countrydweller - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Another post deleted,any reasons for it? It was a helpful post for many people on how to sort out any problems with canceling assurances?

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Well that answers my earlier query. It is very restricted - so progress in giving the public a better deal in France for services has a looooong way to go yet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Loi Hamon was brought in at the start of the year

Auto insurance, motorcycle and home: the law frees Hamon insured!

The Loi Hamon  has a direct impact on the termination of auto insurance, motorcycle and home. After the Chatel law, the new legislation allows the insured after a year of insurance to terminate whenever he wishes.

Easier ? Yes, because it will end burdensome administrative procedures! Before the insured should pay attention to time and send a termination letter, the law leaves Hamon managing this task to the new insurer requested by the insured.

Still remains another question: how does it work for the insured who already had a contract in progress on 1 January 2015 (date of implementation)?

It is very simple :

car insurance contracts, motorbikes or home subscribed on or after 1 January 2015 may be terminated freely from 12 months and 1 day of insurance. contracts signed before January 1 will be terminated upon for their next due date.

Consequences: the insured (pre and post loi Hamon are now more free and can more easily take advantage of competition. Thus faced with more competition, insurers should keep fairer tarifs.

Mutuelles are not affected by the Loi Hamon

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Harry Not quite correct it only applies to House and car insurance and only if you have the policy for a year

Sorry no image available

That's interesting, Harry, do you recall what it has been revised to ?  Perhaps it also applies to other services, like electricity and telephone.

What is also annoying is that to cancel anything, you have to send letters recommandé - not much chance of anyone taking any notice if you don't.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

New law brought in in August 2015 says you don't have to give 2 months notice now to cancel an insurance contract.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

Totally agree with AQ  Countrydweller - don't be put off by the ungratefuls, sharing information is always helpful and appreciated by most of us. I think you made it perfectly clear in your post that you were giving advance warning to those of us unaware of the increase, in order to be sure of being within the 2 month deadline should we wish, in light of this information, to change companies after shopping around  - so thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pachypach - 3 years ago

I think that for the mutuelles through work, the employer has also to pay half towards it

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laura29 - 3 years ago

Thank you Country Dweller, very useful information for me at least.

Sorry no image available

Countrydweller - I'm sure the vast majority of people value being forewarned about such changes, even if you might get the odd response from someone who seems ungrateful. Your posting has attracted comments on the subject, proving its usefulness - and there are probably plenty of others who have read it, but haven't needed to comment - so please don't  give up.