DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Not sure how to use 'Econazole Arrow' (for cystitis)

Posted by angeline-879676 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

I am 71 and never had cystitis till about 3 yrs ago. Then I got 1 sachet of powder to take in 1/2 glass water, within 48 hrs I was nearly right. I got it again, different doc gave me tablets, took longer to work, but fingers crossed fine since.  Cranberries are wonderful if you google cranberries and cystitis tou will find why they are so good. I have them on cereal now every morning.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 3 years ago

Econazole is a treatment for thrush (candida albicans).

Sounds like a misunderstanding at the pharmacie counter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 3 years ago

Well said grannydot.  Cystitus is very unpleasant and can lead to serious kidney infection if not treated effectively.  Why not visit your doc (or just any doc if you aren't registered here) and get something that wil clear it up rapidly and with certainty.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Till you get some applicable medication get some cranberry juice and drink that, or eat cranberries, lidl sell them.  the more you can drink and eat of cranberries, the better. The stuff they sell over the counter is not very good you are far better to get something on prescription for the doctor.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Finny Stare - 3 years ago

Have just sent you a PM Angeline.  Econazole Arrow is not for cystitis.  Hope my message helps you.  If you need any more help please ask.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Finny Stare - 3 years ago

Just about to send you a PM Angeline

Sorry no image available
Posted by angeline-879676 - 3 years ago

Done a bit more research and think one is cream and the other maybe liquid to use for other purposes as this medication also seems to be sold for fungal nail infection.  Think maybe cream for use along with pessary

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Often pessaries and some tablets have air (perhaps liquid) bubbles in the plastic sheet it is in, to act as a preservative or protection for the medication and is just thrown away with the packaging.  If still in doubt better to ask your pharmacist.

Sorry no image available
Posted by angeline-879676 - 3 years ago

PS - if you can help probably better to PM me!