DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

opthalmologist St Nic du pelem?

Posted by kathyd2 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

Thanks Simone2 :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by simone2-422892 - 3 years ago

Hi The one in St nic is a woman she is really good, she is in the medical building.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Walnut :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

just for interest this is a site to find a doctor

http://www.nosmedecins.com/

this is to find an opthamologiste

http://www.allo-ophtalmo.org/

Sorry no image available

There is CharlotteM, I agree. Not sure why?! I think waiting times are the same everywhere here. Bizarre.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 3 years ago

Hi, I was referred there by my doc (it's in the same surgery) because of an eye problem.  Even with a docs letter it was a more than 6 months wait for an appointment.  I ended up taking a trip to the UK and seeing an optician the next week.  I explained the problem that I'd been referred for and this was all checked out, no problem.  They even wrote to my doc in France with their findings.  Although I love the medical care we receive here in France there is an accute shortage of opticians.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Huey.  I'm interested in knowing what they're like though, not just that there;s one there... I have a real thing about people touching my eyes, and I know that some individuals have a better 'bedside manner' than others. I'm looking for someone 'sympa' as well as skilled ;).  Hence the request for a pm.  I live between Rostrenen and Carhaix.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Huey-407259 - 3 years ago

Try the yellow pages, St. Nic. is there, we have an appointment.

Good idea to say where you are, there is an excellent optician in Mur de Bretagne, who can give lots of advice, as well as provide glasses at a good price.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Admin-381709 - 3 years ago

If you can help, you must remember to e-mail your replies; in accordance with French regulations, names and contact details of medical personnel must not be posted publicly in the Discussions.