DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Poor leg circulation

Posted by ameliesgran - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Mine advised cycling and swimming.  Both good for the waist line as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Renard35 - 3 years ago

Ive been diagnoses with type 2 diabetes for two years now but noticed late last year coolness in my right foot sometimes spreading up to my knee.

My doc here in france continually says you must walk at least 40 mins a day every day for your healths sake. I was alarmed at the circulation in my leg and decided to do something about it earlier this year.I now use a static bike 40/50mins every day. I use a hand mower not the ride on any longer and the improvement has been immense. Its as boring as hell but what I do is do it at a time when a programme is on i enjoy and the time soon ticks by.

I wasnt advised to use the static bike by my doc it was my decision but hes very pleased plus no excuse not to do it despite bad weather.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RoseB-434019 - 3 years ago

Definitely get advice from your doctor who may suggest physiotherapy by a trained physiotherapist instead as diabetes patients must be very careful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by David Paterson - 3 years ago

I agree with Bretonne. Take medical advice before you attempt DIY!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

You should ask your doctor first if the machine is advisable for your partner or are there perhaps some other solutions to the poor circulation.