DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Reiki in Brittany

Posted by canadienne-439650 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by aspartnership@hotmail.com - 3 years ago

My previous reply was, of course, light-hearted.  I would, however, raise some serious concerns over this form of "healing".  The official website says that "reiki cannot be taught", then directs readers to "classes teaching reiki" at a "special discount" of "only 425 US dollars.

If it looks like a scam, reads like a scam and sounds like a scam......

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

My daughter is a reiki master in the UK. it is certain not just pampering as some suggest, as a facial, or an occasional new hairdo, or facial is.  It is a help along side other treatments, it is a way to help you cope with difficult situations, it is pain relief, it is lots of things.  It is now recognised as working well alongside cancer treatment. I doubt any reiki master would profess to "cure" you of anything. Just help you with it.  Most reiki master offer other treatments as well as just reiki, she does ear candles......wonderful....., head massage to just mention 2.   Good luck to you Canadienne.  If you need to speak to anyone else about it here I know 2 reiki masters in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aspartnership@hotmail.com - 3 years ago

I don't think the French are greatly into foreign food !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Can't say I agree with the 'poor' bit  (derekp). In our road the BMWs, Audis, Mercedes and VW 4x4s are plentiful. And often more than one in each property!

Sorry no image available
Posted by canadienne-439650 - 3 years ago

Thank you very much to all of you who have offered such good advice and encouragement.  I will actually be leaving Canada next Tuesday, the 7th of July, and will have our house on the 15th.  To those of you who have suggested getting in touch, I will do so as soon as I can - one of our first tasks is to arrange a new Internet installation at the house!

Looking forward to joining you all in Brittany at last!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Whitehouse 007 - 3 years ago

Might I suggest firstly, contact your local chamber de commerce for details on starting a small micro enterprise, to be registered at your new home, be very careful to investigate all of your committments, regarding taxes and time scales.

If you are then still of a mind to continue might I suggest a Reiki share / Meditation meeting and advertise it on this site and place a small advert with the cbj, you will find Gareth who runs this super little magazine more than helpful.

You will perhaps be surprised how many holistic souls reside in this wonderful part of the World,

Good luck with your new Journey of discovery, I am sure the essence of Mikao Usui will be with you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by booklover-425753 - 3 years ago

Once you are settled in, would you like to do a Reiki share?   I am a Reikia Master and not far from Bourbriac 22390

Sorry no image available
Posted by nessiebear - 3 years ago

I'd be thrilled to hear more from you once you're settled and practicing as you're fairly close to me. Brittany needs more alternative therapies!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kikki44 - 3 years ago

Hi there, I am a Reiki Master based in Nantes. There is no need to join an assocation- and I find them far too closed in France and extremely expensive. Insurance depends- it's a hot topic. Reiki is safe, there is no risk invlolved. it can be worth looking on Facebook to see others points of view on this. Reiki is grwoing in France, and I have friends who do make a living from it, however I would combine it- I use it during coaching sessions with art too. General going prices are around 40 euros an hour, you can sell it as 'soins energetiques' to the French. The English are very open to it. And of course you can set up distant healing. Do not listen to the negatives. Reiki is there for you, listent o your heart. Reiki is not only for chic expats. My clients certainly arent that, and so many are willing to try. The French can either be wary or curious, but with the french I start by talking about magnatiseurs as they acept this more readily. Don't hesitate to contact me if you want to chat on skype, Facebook etc. I can point you in the direction of a host of Reiki practitioners in France. Best of Luck! We need you here!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kath,p - 3 years ago

If you need a little info. re Reiki query, I can give you my daughter's contact details. So.. a separate e mail to me or phone or suggestion etc. would be glad to help.

Audrey P