DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

renewing your EHICcard

Posted by Rosemary Williams - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wendy Debu - 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the info. I have just successfully renewed my EHIC card by calling the 0044845 number.

wendy

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

Mine were the same watty.... I applied on the 23rd and they arrived Friday the 27th. 

So easy once you have the correct phone number to ring.  It took 2 mins at the most.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

Update.  

Further to my previous post in which I stated that I telephoned on Saturday last (21st) to renew my EHIC, it arrived today (26th)  How's that for service?

Sorry no image available

I have just renewed our ehic cards after being given4 different numbers! trying not to say anything as advised, but it kept reverting back to the same question,  They are aware of the problem.

the number you need to renew, if you are drawing pension, and on the French health system is

00 44 191 2790575 no menu straight through to an operator. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

I stand corrected, thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by laubedujour - 3 years ago

I recently renewed our cards, by phone, and was told there is a backlog so don't expect new cards for a while, I am intrigued that some have got through in days.

Sorry no image available

Think all pensioners must have got them at the same time when they changes the system. I have just tried to renew ours today, tried every link, put every combination of living in France renew card, drawing pension, and every link gives the same form asking for UK address. Gave up in the end, intending to ring Monday. Wish I had seen this first.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

I am resident in France but received my last EHIC from the UK.  Therefore, to renew it, I rang 0044 191 279 0575 this morning.

My call was answered immediately after one ring  ...   no automated voice   ...   and dealt with (including my address change from Normandy to Brittany).  I was told that the new card would be sent to me within the next few days.

Sorry no image available
Posted by yorkie2-406437 - 3 years ago

I renewed mine and my wifes ehic by phone on the phone number above without any problem last thursday.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fabianne - 3 years ago

If you go on to their Facebook page during the week you can ask questions & get quick replies to questions etc. They are very helpful & helped me to sort out the EHIC for the family straightaway & the cards came this morning!!