DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

renewing your EHICcard

Posted by Rosemary Williams - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 19)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

GeorgeV. The card used to be supplied by the French but then it was changed back to being supplied by the UK. As my wife renewed her card yesterday with the UK Department concerned I know this is correct.

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 4 years ago

GeorgeV, RUBBISH, if yor health care is paid for by the UK, normally via a S1, the UK provide the EHIC, if your health care is provided by France, normally because you are working here, it is provided by the French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

If you are not resident in the UK (that is what you wrote in your posting) then you cannot apply to the UK for the card.  If you are resident in France then you must apply  to the French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 4 years ago

Just a little tip when using the phone numbers given. If when the automated part begins DO NOT PRESS ANY NUMBERS OR SPEAK. The automated voice will eventually give up and  put you through to a person and you can then renew over the phone. We have just carried out this exercise not ten minutes ago. All you need is the patience to wait out the automated part.

We did this because the automated voice wanted us to confirm that we reside in the UK which we do not.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rosemary Williams - 4 years ago

thanks all for your prompt replies my health care is indeed paid for by the u k 

i shall phone the number you have posted and hope for the best 

thanks again

Rose

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 4 years ago

That is the number we dialled, call answered, enquiry dealt with and new cards received within about a week.  You CANNOT apply online if you do not live in the UK.  You have to phone them.  As I said before, you health cover is paid for by the UK isn't it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by st meeny - 4 years ago

Hello, I have recently tried to renew my wife's EHIC card, and had no success online or by phone, hitting the same problems of residency when dealing with the questions.( for example -when do you propose to leave the UK)

I have had success by email enquiry.(EHIC enquiries) Also the standard pensions query number for the overseas 00 44 845 606 2030 will get a human response.

Do not try 191 218 1999 or 0300 3301350 if you are permenantly resident in france.

Hope this will help.

Sorry no image available

IF you are, the number is 0191 218 1999

Sorry no image available

Is your health cover paid by UK?