DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Required Insurance and best options

Posted by Karandy - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

A couple of points - CMU-B is for everyone who qualifies (CMU de base : une assurance maladie pour tous).

The CMU-C is for people on a very low income who cannot afford to pay for a top-up.

The assessment of income is based on a French tax return, but obviously this is not possible if someone has only been in France for 3 months, therefore other proof of income is required. If this is not provided then the authorities use an assumption of income which is clearly stated on the Ameli website:

En l'absence d'éléments permettant de procéder au calcul de votre cotisation, vous pourrez être taxé d'office par l'Urssaf sur la base d'une assiette égale à 5 fois le plafond annuel de la sécurité sociale (38 040 euros au 1er janvier 2015).

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

The thing is countrydweller that there are always people who make a fuss about having been turned down and insist that they met all the criteria. Now probably they didn't, and either they think they did or they know they didn't but they're trying it on, but the trouble is that we only know what they tell us. And at the end of the day buster has it right, every application is considered individually so other people's experience are at best a guide and at worst misleading.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

The problem with this thread is that there are people on here who seem to enjoy giving the wrong information.What I have said is totally correct.Local CPAMs now have nothing to do with deciding whether an EU inactif can join the CMU after 3 months residency it is all done at a centre in Nimes to ensure that there is consistency in decision making.After that CPAMS do an annual check of income and residency. I have helped lots of people join CMU so I do know what I am talking about.And if people have problems it is usually because they fail/refuse to supply the information required or decide that they are going to live in France without submitting tax returns etc "because we are British"

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

You can apply for CMU base after 3 months -- but each persons application is delt with depending on their personal situation - so there will be differences!

You can only try and see what the out come is!!!

One persons experience is not the same as anothers;

Sorry no image available
Posted by pilot-425170 - 3 years ago

As normal it appears that you ask for advice and just get contradictions, and conflicting stories, so the best advice is dont ask on here ignore all of them and ask the appropriate authorities.  Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

The information on the Ameli website in link provided by sea shore is very clear.  Perhaps Harry Dresden  could point out the paragraphs he believes to be wrong.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

Remember, statements on this forum are generally views and opinions, (including mine !)

if you want hard FACTS you need to contact the APPROPRIATE authorities or Government Departments

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

Smudge, read the facts.

Sorry no image available
Posted by smudge1949 - 3 years ago

Ignore everything Countrydweller has written, Harrydresden is not wrong in what he says and is sound advise.Good luck Karandy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sea shore - 3 years ago

Had. When you apply for CMU through CPAM, which you are eligible to do after three months residency, they take your income from your tax return. They do not make up a number based on your nationality. All the facts are on the link that I provided.