DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

S1 submission

Posted by foureyes-10044529 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

Well done, Foureyes.  It is a confidence boost when all goes well.  Kind regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Well, in the end it all went very well.  We took every document we could think of.  They took the copies themselves, and did not require translations.  My French stood the test very nicely - I didn't even have to ask him to repeat or slow down!

No, I don't know why I was so nervous either.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that everyone talks up the difficulties of dealing with French bureaucracy, so I was expecting the worst.  Never mind, it's over - at least for now.

Thanks again everybody.

Sorry no image available
Posted by smudge1949 - 3 years ago

Ensure that you take with you copies of everthing as they will require this, if you do not have duplicates they will send you away as they did us. Its all very easy so do not be nervous.

Smudge

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Thanks guys!  I shall do my best, and let you know how I get on!  Deep breath...

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

Be prepared for a potential delay as they may ask for birth//marriage certificates to be translated (some do, some don't). Once registered, you should receive an "attestation provisoire" which is a document with a temporary social security number, this will allow you to claim back medical expenses until your permanent number is assigned. After a few weeks you should receive a form to apply for your photo Carte Vitale. Allow about 3 weeks between each stage of the process, if you don't get anything in the post after 2-3 weeks, go back to the CPAM and enquire about progress.  Try to be polite and patient and use your best French.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

And finally .......... Also take a utility bill to prove to cpam that you live in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kenrose - 3 years ago

Also take a utility bill to prove to cpam hat you live in France.

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

Basically, just take every piece of paper you can lay your hands on! but mainly your passport, birth certificate (long version), marriage certificate (if appropriate), an RIB from your bank.  Remember to take copies of your S1 for future use.  Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, why are you nervous? it's just admin, might be a bit of a hassle but nothing to be nervous about!