DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transport to hospital appt in Vannes

Posted by shumbert - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Where does your mother live in Morbihan?  It is a large Department.  If she lives anywhere around Redon I'll be happy to take her to her appointment in Vannes and ensure she is safe and comfortable.  Surely any Brit would want to do this for a fellow Brit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by shumbert - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your very helpful information. It seems that help is available with transport and I will advise her to start by asking her doctor about it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by walnut72 - 3 years ago

just to add her carte vitale /top up will cover the taxi unless she is on a Ald then the transport is covered 100% for that illness. However the taxis are only covered if they are deemed 'necessary'. As said ask at the docs for  prescription medicale de transport, they fill the top part in, say what type of transport, ie taxi, train ,bus etc. Then you fill in the bottom half with your details and send to cpam (if you are registered there)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

Ask if it's possible to have a "bon de transport" - sometimes the doctor issues it, sometimes it's the hospital.  You just hand this to the driver of the ambulance taxi.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tregadilet - 3 years ago

I have had several taxi's or ambulances for hospital for examinations,  angio graphy and a stent, +double bypass, but it has to be asked for beforehand, although the hospital may issue an ordanance for this sometimes. It is a special green form by the way. My doctor says a lot of English people dont ask because they are "Reserved" about such things, but if you go to any main hospital here there seems to be lot of taxi's dropping off and collecting people there.

Just ask!

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

Tell your mother-in-law to enquire and speak to the doctor.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 3 years ago

When my neighbour has hospital appointments she is taken by ambulance/taxis. All part of the service.