DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Vaccination for Shingles

Posted by Yaddlethorpe Crossroads - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lazydaze-442065 - 3 years ago

There is an article in the TV magazine that came with the Telegramme this morning. Lots of info here- www.zona.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by ferrandiere - 3 years ago

My husband had the vaccine last year. He had shingles in 2014 and didn't want to go through it again. It is an expensive vaccine and CPAM may not pay for the whole cost if you haven't already had shingles. 

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 3 years ago

In England you have to be 70 to get it. It is being introduced over a period of time.

So you are the right age to be asking.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Janouk - 3 years ago

As others have said, if there is a vaccine then it's well worth seeking it out - Virus Zona is the most dreadful, painful virus. I had it in my ear and the whole of that side of my face was paralyzed, I couldn't close my eye and it has left me with a permanant problem on that side of the face. I have known of several other fellow sufferers with varying degrees of horror stories, so, if it's out there and available, get it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 3 years ago

hi my mother in law had the shingles when we moved here 7 years ago we went to our doctor and he gave her an injection and said you will never have shingles again, so yes there is something out there.regards derek

Sorry no image available
Posted by Laura29 - 3 years ago

My Mother suffered badly with Shingles, it's a dreadful thing. A vaccine would be marvellous and help so many people. It would be very interesting to know if it's available here.