DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

1&1.fr How to get on to editing existing website.

Posted by Werner-402730 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Werner-402730 - 4 years ago

Hello Jo,I have a pack Perso with 1&1 fr it has been in existance for a few years.The old instructions which I have to enter my website and be able to change the text doesn't work.This is the problem that I have with my website.Thank you for replying again sorry that I didn't make myself clear the first time around.

Regards,Werner.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 4 years ago

I did put a reply on here earlier but it seems to have vanished along with another; I thought Werner couldn't find out how to log into his "espace client" as it wasn't clear whether he had actually managed to log in.

It would be useful if he could come back and say exactly what he's trying to do.

I use an FTP client, but you don't have to - you can use '1&1 WebTransfert' as an alternative.
Once logged in, that's under the 'Gérer l'espace web' on the left.

However that might not be what he's trying to do if he's used one of their build-your-own-site options.

Sorry no image available
Posted by minesagin - 4 years ago

OH I HAVE A HEAD ACHE.

For the above numbers for YOUR site log into the espace client. left hand side look for "gerer les noms de demaine" click on that left hand side there is YOUR website name, below that is the number you require starts with an S

Back to espace client near bottom left find link "gerer l'espace web" and then "access FTP securise" bottom left of page look for "NOM D'UTILISATEUR" and there you find the other number that begins with a U.

Suffice to say, these numbers are personal DO NOT disclose to ANYONE or they will take control of your website. Hope you can follow this.

BON CHANCE

Sorry no image available

I use FTP commander but al are similar enter following details

NAME = ftp. then your wesite name ie mine = ftp.la-brise.fr

FTP SERVER = SXXXXXXXX.onlinehome.fr  = replace X with your number

FTP PORT 21

USER ID = u8XXXXXXXXXX = as above replace X with the number of YOUR u ident no.

PASSWORD = as you set in the client controls

Tick passive and save password boxes

FTP RESPONSE = default

Sorry no image available

which FTP programme are you using