DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Advice on Log burner installation

Posted by lillylolly10 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lillylolly10 - 3 years ago

i am in Callac, have managed to get someone to come and have a look tomorrow so hopefully will have the log burner running soon

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Where are you located please as people may be able to give personal recommendations

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Have a look at this page on AI  http://brittany.angloinfo.com/af/398/brittany-wood-burning-stoves-and-cookers.html  

This might help but if you are looking to get one installed before winter now you may be struggling.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

You have your answer - Registered installer. You can get the install at 10% VAT. There are no internal fumes, despite the requirement for a CO monitor often applied.

Choose the burner carefully, log lengths vary as do the output/efficiecy levels of the burn. Never even be tempted with putting coal or other waste on it.

We have had them in all our houses and without doubt a fantastic investment - in large leasure made central heating unecessary!

Bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by lillylolly10 - 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for all your replies,does anyone know of anybody qualified to install my log burner thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

We have an excellent Artisan who does work for us on our property but we still went with a registered installer whos quote was more expensive, not only is it important from an insurance point of view but think of your own and your guests safety, the consequences of a bad chimney fire dont bare thinking about.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

My husband who is a registered builder had ours installed by a registered chimney installer  as said before for insurance purposes it is worth it .Ask him  if he knows of a sweep for future reference  

Sorry no image available
Posted by brimlad - 3 years ago

hello all, registered installer everytime...the risk of fire, the poisonous gasses and the efficiency of the stove are all big considerations..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Ask your pro. installer about the "tax/vat rebate" that was available when we had ours installed, it was significant!

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

For insurance purposes use a registered  installer not a general builder , I got it wrong had a chimny fire ,and my insurance did pay out but it was very difficult ...