DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Allume Feu

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Calgary-962778 - 3 years ago

Where in Plouignea? Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Kerhallon,

I've EM'd you....

Cheers!

Sorry no image available

Kerroux,  Point Vert?   I was just in the one in Carhaix, looked where they sell the coal bricks, kindling, etc. and nothing but the little cubes.

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone!!!   Really great advice...

Cheers!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Amazing all the advice you can get on firelighters and fire lighting methods,I remember when my old mum used to be on her knees rubbing two sticks together, one day I felt really sorry for her and bought her a box of matches.the barbeque lighting fluid can usually be found in the aisle with the household cleaning products and yes you would expect to find them with the charcoal which would be logical, over here you need to adapt to French logic which is slightly different to English logic.

Sorry no image available
Posted by BobF-382820 - 3 years ago

We always use a few sheets of kitchen roll crumpled into a ball and  soaked in Huile de Colza ( rapeseed oil) , lights the fire great and cheap as chips!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerhallon - 3 years ago

hello

we sell allume feu firelighters, 100% naturel; made with laine de bois mixed with beeswax;

one will start your fire and last for 20mins so will really get the fire going, we sell to super u at Lanmeur, and various other outlets, otherwise we are based at plouigneau and can be bought there, 4.50 euros for a box of 30

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

We've used Leclerc's fire lighters for 15 years and find them excellent, we break them up into a jar which we keep by the fire, this allows them to dry alittle which makes them easier to light. They're cheap, less then a euro a packet and very good, we normally buy 6 packs or so at a time.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Garden centres? Barbecue lighting fluid?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

point vert have it and cube fire lighters. on special offer at the moment.