DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

AngloWatch

Posted by taz192 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rita T-387361 - 3 years ago

Please excuse my bad spelling ,I meant ASTROLOGY.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rita T-387361 - 3 years ago

I agree,people may not believe in Asrology ,but this is the year of the Red Fire Monkey which is associated to anything TRICKY.So like the Chinese I believe you should take extra care in this Very Very Tricky Year ,it doesn't hurt to be cautious .????????

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 3 years ago

It is good to know that some people feel confident to leave doors unlocked. However it doesn't pay to be too complacent. i never go out without locking doors and windows. Even if I am in the garden I lock the doors. This may seem like overkill but do not think it will not happen to you. Since we have lived here there have been break ins in the area. One particularly holiday home has had this happen at least three times. I also know of at least three friends who have had break ins.

If you do have a robbery and the insurance company find out the doors were unlocked then they will probably not pay out.

I personally think that the website is a good idea.

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

I have lived in my home for 23 years and never had a need to lock my doors before ! in 1 week 4 houses were burgled in the village a never heard of thing here , when our insurance company heard of this through the paers they insisted on an active alarm being installed in our house or they would cancel our insurance , now paying 49€ a month for the pleasure ! I even had electric gates fitted to our drive  ! yes the page is a good idea now !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

While most of the replies to the OP are celebrating their experience that Brittany is a 99% crime free zone, surely it does make sense to be aware of what is going on?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chalfonter - 3 years ago

One fantastic thing about being here is in 25 years we only once heard of a burglary in our area!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stonedecroze - 3 years ago

Personally I hope that it fails to generate any interest, that the namby pambys and security companies that drive this type of venture are outwitted by positive thinkers and that we are all allowed to continue our lives of quality and mutual respect undisturbed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

The only thing I've seen in the 5+ years we've lives here is some graffiti on the public toilet wall!

One day I told my neighbour that I went out and forgot to lock the door - he gave me that sideways 'tilted head' look and said we never lock our door. And since then I have seen many keys sitting in the outside of doors or even doors wide open, knowing that the occupant is out for the afternoon. And in cars too, sometimes with the engine running.

Perhaps I lead a blinkered life but I am quite amazed at the need for a Facebook page of this kind!