DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any computer wizards out there?

Posted by RobJ-443327 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by RobJ-443327 - 3 years ago

thats very kind, ill check it out now, still no luck so far.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimbo99-445600 - 3 years ago

found this link that may help: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2147063/linux-to-the-rescue-how-ubuntu-can-help-a-computer-in-distress.html 

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimbo99-445600 - 3 years ago

have had this happen to me and turned ot the hard disk drive was shot so the bootup logic built into the computer' ROM cannot 'see' the sector zero logic n the hard disk that it needs to continue to boot. I get a live CD from the front of computer mags and put that into the dvd drive then boot from that.  If your problem is memory related failures then even this trick won't work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ron Baker - 3 years ago

Hi RobJ

I had a similar problem and went through all the advice I could find on the "Screen of Death" , blue  or black..  I reformatted the hard drive but with no success.  I then noticed that with strong light on the screen I could see that is was booting up OK.  The answer, in my case, was to replace the screen backlight.  Look this up on the net.  There are many articles on this.  Solved my problems.  Best of luck.

Ron B

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

If you do need a computer expert Paul Louder is your man and he lives near Corlay, not too far from you.  Good Luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by RobJ-443327 - 3 years ago

Thanks whiskers for your responce, ill try that now

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 3 years ago

Sorry to read of your problem, a quick remedy would be to disconnect the power lead and also remove the battery, leave for 10 mins. Replace the battery and re-connect the power lead before switching back on. If this does not restore functionality then you have a real problem and needs a Laptop Doctor