DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Any recommendations for hot tub/spa suppliers?

Posted by Ivoire-444486 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Meldrew-391022 - 3 years ago

I can thoroughly recommend Blue Whale spa  http://www.bluewhalespa.com/

They are in the Uk but ship at a reasonable cost to France.  I was recommended to this company by a business associate who was very pleased and I can echo his thoughts in so much as I have recommended the same to a friend and he is happy as well.  My tub is now 2 years old, we had a minor manufacturing problem (an air pipe was wrongly connected) Blue Whale initially sent a French engineer who replaced the air pump with a larger model FOC, but that did not totally cure the problem so the firm sent another engineer from the Uk who sorted the thing in about 1/2 hour - happy bunny me!!

Re the chlorine thing, use bromide tablets instead, freely available from most swimming pool shops in France - no smell and better anti bacterial protection as they don't 'gas-off' at 38 degrees C (100F) as does chlorine, cost slightly more but not much. Most modern tubs have an ozone system built-in which runs as the water is heated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ivoire-444486 - 3 years ago

Thanks Kernana, for your advice. We're at the start of this process, need to do more research before buying next year, and think it is valuable to learn from other's experiences. We visited the new store in Ploermel, prices seemed high, two models on show but neither with the features we wanted e.g. extra deep with 2 loungers. OH detests the smell of chlorine, and I gather some systems use UV or ozone instead...

Will certainly follow up on your suggestion and visit the shop in Baud.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernana-407546 - 3 years ago

Hi Ivoire, recently, we  had occasion to visit Garden Design in Baud, opposite Expert on the Z.A. Kermestre.  We had a good quote on a nice spa from very helpful people. I believe their telephone number is 02 97 08 07 33.

We had to forego the option, at least for the mean time. They gave a good discount and had a nice selection of spas either available or available on quite short notice.

I used to have a Nordic hot tub, which we had for 7 years. It worked pretty much perfectly, with only one small leak, which we rectified in no short order. Running  costs of  the hot tubs have come down a lot since we had ours and there are some really good designs and makes, but one does have to be careful. I would suggest a visit to their showroom and have a chat.

The folk at the above place, will deliver and fit at a reasonable rate and give good advice on all aspects of electrics etc etc.