DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone for trimming roadside trees and shrubs?

Posted by CrystalSurfer - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pip b - 4 years ago

Lots of people, including me, have received such a letter from the marie.  Normally the commune is responsible for cutting common areas, for example roadside verges.  But any hedges and trees growing within your boundaries, even if they are on the roadside, are your responsibilty.  The commune will undertake the work but will charge you for it.  Instead, I recommend you try

E.S.A.T. BELNA
22210 PLEMET
Tél : 02 96 25 76 23

I have used them several times.  They do an excellent job, at a good price, and it is all in a good cause.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 4 years ago

nothing to do with cutting the grass verge; there are quite clear limits to the height and distance of trees 'en bordure de voirie', pretty much as between houses etc.. Crystal surfer, Sorry I can't recommend anyone in 56, but if you fail to do this, you could get billed if the mairie does it, and/or fined!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by falabella - 4 years ago

Strange... If its the road side then normally this isn't done by yourself. the commune does it.. normally - the grass verge info was in the paper this week. Did you get a letter asking you not to cut it till later? If not then the commune is breaking the agreement to cut late. !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CrystalSurfer - 4 years ago

Interesting. We've had a letter from the Mairie asking us to cut it back. So they seem to think thst it's our responsibility.

thanks J

Sorry no image available
Posted by falabella - 4 years ago

The local communes in france decided to delay cutting verges until after the wild flowers have flowered this year for environmental reasons.. now they have seeded they have started cutting so yours should be done soon if not already!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by CrystalSurfer - 4 years ago

Forgot to say, we're in 56490 area. Thanks!