DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Anyone needing "arbres sur pied" for woodwork / ébénisterie/ chauffage

Posted by TERREDELIBERTE-439883 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 4 years ago

Hello,

How about trying this chap?

" Monsieur COUTON, Bûcheron Elagueur  in Saint-Jacut tel .02 99 91 31 23 - He is absolutely fantastic and very reliable about health and safety and efficient. Every person I know he has worked for has been very happy"

Regards

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by TERREDELIBERTE-439883 - 4 years ago

40 of the trees are actually along the road, so no difficulty of access whatsoever. The total cubage is to be seen in real, when down.

The Manitou is perfectly able to sort them out nicely. It needs to be done but more in the automn or winter for the chestnuts and oaks, as recommended for chain-saws. It seems pine trees can be cut down anytime, and these could be down in the summer as these are more "inside the wood and some are already cut down so these could be down anytime. And manitou could take them out by nice weather.

Keep my phone number in case and give us a ring for arrangement. It worth the trouble as I need to make this wood more "light" as trees are too many on site to "breath". I care for their general well-being, but I admit some have to go. The only thing I am asking is people to have "a responsabilité civile" document when coming on site with safe tools or qualified tree surgeons.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 4 years ago

Hello,

How many m3 of wood do you estimate you have?

What is the access for extraction machinery if your concerned about damage to the terrain.

Access is VERY important, I've met plenty of people with trees that can't be simply felled or extracted economically.

Biomass value means that the price per ton chipped simply offsets the felling costs (ie) you get zip but lose the trees. Fire wood, well, 20euros per m3 standing value

Any larger more valuable stems are going to need larger machinery to extract.

Can your Manitou cope with soft going hors piste?

Is it even worth the trouble...?

Regards

Jack