DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bbc Radio in france

Posted by vichy-445734 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I think exactly the same.  Roberts would be one of my first choices but the price is way beyond sensible for me.  Even the lesser known brands are stupid money.   Such a shame because French radio is so dire.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

I have been tempted to buy an internet radio and I know Roberts radios are up among the best but I would like to know where is the best place to buy one. I have looked on Amazon uk and fr and taking into account the exchange rate there is not much difference. The "classic"model is around £180 or equivalent in €. Seems quite a lot of money for a radio, what do others think?

Sorry no image available
Posted by vwkompak - 3 years ago

I connected the audio connectors on my Sky box to the amplifier of my audio system and then listened to the radio channel without having the TV on.

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

BBC on the internet went off again at just before 11.00 am this morning but came back on at about 11.20. What are they playing at? Every other radio station that streams on the net seems to be able to maintain continuous service. Just as well I'm not paying UK taxes or tv licence anymore.

Sorry no image available
Posted by staffordian - 3 years ago

I have an old Sony battery radio which fortunately has got LW so I can listen to radio 4.We can't get VHF and the MW isn't too good.

You can listen to any station via the I Player,but I still like my little transistor to carry around with me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by motocycliste - 3 years ago

Karen,

You are fortunate and are probably recieving BBC broadcasts from the Channel Islands.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

We can actually listen on vhf. Never needed to use long wave.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jo Taylor-790528 - 3 years ago

Mine isn't back, Fitter -  but I go here on the rare occasion that the BBC site itself is down (many other stations too):
http://streema.com/radios/play/427

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Yes, I have just got mine back :-)