DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bedding

Posted by NunuFrance - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

As previously mentioned Debenhams deliver to France, at the moment they have their up to 70% off sale. Plus if you order over £50 it's free delivery!

Just ordered Christmas presents earlier.....well it is only 135 days away!! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

Everyone might find this helpful yo print out and keep as you wouldn't believe the International size range of beds, matresses and bed-linen:-

http://www.betweenthesheets.co.uk/EU/Bed-size-guide.htm

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

I just bought a load of double and single sized budget bedding from Carrfour in Guingamp. Very large range and good choice of colours. Very reasonably priced. Fitted my double bed perfectly. I bought the 140 x 190 cm for the double but only after phoning hubby to check the measurements! Lol

For reference Asda International deliver to France for only £5.

There is also La Redoute mail order

There is also M&S France - free delivery I believe 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Di Woodward - 3 years ago

Be a little careful as most french bedding comes in 140cm or 160 cm widths and an English king size (5ft) is 150cm!  Also, yes IKEA does 200cm lengths a many french beds are shorter.  We need the longer length as my husband is 6ft 2" !  M&S also deliver bedding over here.  Mine was with us within days and of the usual high quality from them. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ingetje - 3 years ago

Also la foir fouille, Babou, BUT, Conforama etc

Sorry no image available
Posted by NunuFrance - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your responses!!

Don't know why I'd not thought of the local supermarche, but can't say that walking around them I'd ever noticed more than tablecloths and towels.  Will be sure to look next time I'm out (and thanks about the Ikea comment - didn't know that and would have been a long and wasted trip).

I see we have a new improved / larger Gifi that has opened up in Carhaix, will give that a try too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

Aa well as the previously mentioned supermarkets, the department store Eurodif sell good quality bed linen, there are branches in Brest, St Brieuc and Quimper, not sure where else, perhaps take a look at their web site.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

Don't forget that IKEA bedding is for 200cm beds, therefore too long for British or French mattresses, which is no good if you require fitted sheets or duvet covers.

I frequently use La Redoute (or occasionally M&S). 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

Normally a good range in Intermarche Hyper, and sometimes cheaper than ordering from Uk .Super U also good on prices .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

We've just treated ourselves to an upgrade of all our bedlinen. I used an online supplier called King of Cotton; excellent quality Egyptian cotton (but they also do poly/cotton which is cheaper. Delivery took 3 days by courier and cost about £11.00.

You could also look at the department stores who deliver over here - John Lewis, House of Fraser and Debenhams. Don't know of their sales are still on but they all had some good deals a few weeks ago. I think the delivery for all of them is about £7 or £8.

Having said that, I have also bought good quality bedding from Carrefour - their Tex range is good.