DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bedding question

Posted by Iguana Rock - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Thanks everyone, some really good options for me to try. IKEA isn't any use as, like someone else mentioned, they only do 200cm length but I need 190cm.

Most UK double bed size sheets are 135 or 137cms but our new French mattress is 140cms so I will need to buy them here I think. (We don't go to the UK often anyway so I really intended to buy them here anyway).

Sorry no image available
Posted by perrypaws - 3 years ago

I agree that M and S are a good option but not always a lot of choice, delivery and quality however is excellent. I have also found John Lewis, Debenhams and House of Fraser to have excellent choices and value and delivery almost as soon as ordered. Have bought from La Redoute also but not impressed, perhaps it was what I bought but found them tacky. A French site for bedding, but watch the sizing, is De La Maison but delivery can be slow.  Off subject I know but love their garden furniture.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bollydolly-889742 - 3 years ago

QVC UK, Their Northern Nights range is absolutely fabulous! They do a range of thread counts, and the quality is excellent. Washes and irons easily plus always looks fresh and crisp. Delivery to France is usually 2/3 days :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

No need to use UK sites (or go shopping in UK   ...   not all of us make regular visits   ...   twice in 10 years is enough for me!).

Both La Redoute and M&S France (goods sent from UK) are excellent quality and La Redoute have regular promotions too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dancingqueen-424771 - 3 years ago

Don't forget if using UK sites...Queen size is known as king size, and king size is known as super king.  I've given up trying to buy quality sheets in France, and always purchase during UK visits.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

I have to agree with previous posters   ...   La Redoute or M&S.  Their bedding fits French and British beds.

Be careful with IKEA fitted sheets, as their bedding is for beds of 200 cm in length.  I almost once purchased some of theirs but realised at the last minute that they would be too long for my mattresses! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lynny-10034653 - 3 years ago

marksandspencer.fr 

free delivery on orders over €30 

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

Both the sites I mentioned show clear the sizes & do have the standard  UK size to fit a mattress of  140x190 + singles + queen & king sizes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

Sorry, can't help with your question but be warned of the different countries and their numerous standard sizes before ordering or buying by looking at this site for beds and bedding (including Ikea):-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_size

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedding#Bedding_sizes

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

on line @ www.laredoute.fr or www.3suisses.fr both good quality.