DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bottle gas

Posted by sandra r - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra r - 4 years ago

Thank you to everyone who replied to my posting, now we know a key is out there we start looking.

Thanks again.

Sandra

Sorry no image available
Posted by chillipepper-883242 - 4 years ago

We bought ours in Super U a while ago (St Meen-le-Grand) but I've seen them today in Super U Erquy, around 3€50ish. Its blue plastic and was in the diy area where the bits of gas tubing and fittings are.

Good luck in your search.

Chilli

Sorry no image available
Posted by meadowgirl - 4 years ago

You can get a key I just gave one away.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane121walking-387738 - 4 years ago

I bought ours from Mr Bricolage it is red, called a Cle  a Gaz . Although there are plenty of other types from Amazon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Heavitree-431035 - 4 years ago

Take care !   Normally ,finger or hand tight is sufficient , providing the rubber washer on the regulator is in good condition . The use of any tool could overtighten the connection .

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 4 years ago

A friend has a 'key' specifically for this so they must be available somewhere...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Azur Models-658123 - 4 years ago

I would suggest changing bottles/suppliers to one with a head(valve)that just clicks on & off. Normally the valve is free when you place your deposit on the bottle the first time.

Now these are the little bottles(18-25 odd kilos) you put under your kithcen sink or cabinet for your cooker.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 4 years ago

There is no "key" made for this use its fingers or a paire of pliers

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra r - 4 years ago

Thank you anonymous, my husband does use a spanner but is finding it difficult with his arthritis so a key would be easier.

Sandra

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

I've never seen one.  I always use an adjustable spanner or a large pair of water pump pliers, whatever is handy at the time.