DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Burning DVD's help required. No sound.

Posted by peteandwendy - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 4 years ago

What program & what operating system did you use to burn the DVD?

Sorry no image available
Posted by garethe - 4 years ago

Look up your DVD player on the internet and you'll see what it will support. Unless its relatively new , it's unlikely to play it AVI files. AVI files are typiclaly asociated with windows media player, which is probably why you have no issue playing it on your pc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by peteandwendy - 4 years ago

Hi

It was an AVI file. (I think)  An existing video that I wanted to put onto a disc for playing on DVD.

I think it was originally done as an MP4. It is a video with music (or not, in my case!)

I know this sounds a bit thick but how will I know if it has built in decoders and if not, how do I correct it?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by garethe - 4 years ago

it will probably be the format in which its burned - are you buring a DVD direct to a DVD - if so it should work fine, but if you have a file on your PC which is a film from a DVD, uness the player has the built in decoders it wont work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dagbaruch - 4 years ago

You need to give more info.  Was it a video or music DVD?  If music, did you burn it as mp3? If so, does you video player play mp3? The same goes for video. Check that the format you used can be played on you DVD player.