DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Burnt kitchen work top !

Posted by LucyBee - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LucyBee - 3 years ago

Oh, and THANK YOU to everyone for your helpful comments and ideas !

Sorry no image available

Hello Dont-do-it - and yes, in fact it was the very honest guests who, having left very early in the morning and therefore we didn't get to inspect the house before they left, told us to keep the deposit. Which made it much easier than TELLING them that we were going to keep it. And agree about the insurance, am almost certain that i won't be covered - sob... I am still looking into repair kits, just need to make sure that i find the right match, well, close enough at least. And i know that i am being lazy, not phoning St Brieuc Hygena, where we bought the kitchen, first !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunshinedays - 3 years ago

I doubt insrance will cover damage to a work top unless you specificially requested it to be covered. Our granite worktop cracked in half behind the taps when my husband stood on it to paint the wall. We told our insurance office but were told it wasn't covered. It seems if you want accidental damage you need to list the items you want covered.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dont-Do-It - 3 years ago

avoican does not seem to know or read very well as Hygena is French or at least has 100s of shops around France.

As BCW66 said, and if it is feasible; cut or router it out and place in a piece of stone or hardwood to create an embedded "cutting board".

Otherwise, counter-tops are not very expensive here if they are "wood grained" formica. Should have kept their security deposit, accident or not.

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

Why not have bought a French worktop and allways have had access to replacement parts etc ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by bcw66 - 3 years ago

Why not cut it/router it out and put a piece of slate/granite in just a idea

Sorry no image available
Posted by heureux - 3 years ago

It may seem extreme, but have you contacted your insurer to see if you are covered for accidental damage, and therefore possible replacement of the work surface.

Sorry no image available

Thank you both - I will get in contact with the shop in St Brieuc, and also the site kitchenfittings... hears hoping (crossed fingers, because it has spoiled the kitchen that was up until now, in really good nick!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by honeysuckle20 - 3 years ago

Have you tried Kitchen Fitting Supplies www.kitchenfittingsupplies.co.uk I believe that they will colour match to your requirements, if you can send them a small sample, possibly from a trim end.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PAT varney - 3 years ago

There used to be a hygena shop in st brieuc on the estae where conformarama is hope this helps.