DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

buying a fridge

Posted by rosa-462319 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosa-462319 - 4 years ago

Many thanks to all who posted.  I have now found one that fits the bill and have ordered it online with free delivery.  Just hope it arrives before the weather warms up, we are keeping milk etc outside!

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 4 years ago

IKEA also sell fridges. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jack1-977774 - 4 years ago

I second what emu has said about Darty. Our nearest branch has a huge amount of fridges/freezers/combinations in stock. The staff are friendly and if you want something specific they will look on their computer straight away and see if they can get it for you.

Free del, old appliance taken away for you, and prices are good (and I think ?? their paperwork said that if you can buy cheaper elsewhere they will refund the difference - we couldn't - their price was very good).

Take a look on their website (darty.com), quite a few listed. They have a branch in Rennes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LangeHaas - 4 years ago

cdiscount.com  any time!

Sorry no image available
Posted by treivilo-424011 - 4 years ago

Try Electrodepot, it is good value for money (but the very low price range) and their service is exactly the same as anywhere (bring back instore then wait).

But, hey, let's say it clearly ... How often does a fridge fail ?

Olivier

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 4 years ago

Have a look at darty.fr

they deliver for free, install the appliance and check it is working ok and they will take away your old appliance.  Prices are very good and range is extensive.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

Try www.ubaldi.fr  I've bought several items from them over the years and the prices are really good.  Just saved 200 Euro on the Darty.com price.  Delivery was good and on time.  Also the delivery company used English and rang to arrange a time and date for delivery.

The real test is what happens when something goes wrong.

Their after sales service is very good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

Do yourself a big favour and stop looking at white goods in the supermarkets.  There is little or no direct service or repair backup.  Just delays of weeks or months while they send them off to a central repair shop.  Definitely not worth whatever savings you think you are getting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 4 years ago

Loads on amazon.fr to choose from!

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=sr_nr_n_4?fst=as:off&rh=n:908826031,n:!1098423031,n:!1098424031,n:1098427031,n:57853031&bbn=1098427031&ie=UTF8&qid=1426416068&rnid=1098427031&ajr=2

If you have amazon premium then yu get free delviery as well