DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

chimney sweep

Posted by shorrcks - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by stonedecroze - 3 years ago

AXA do NOT require you to have a certificate and I am sure that applies to many other insurers.

That said of course it makes sense to have the flue swept every six months or so.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 4 years ago

My French Inlaws, have it done once a year, in their rented holiday home (next door to us), it is their responsibility though they spend only 4months per year there.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pushkinspal - 4 years ago

The insurance rule is one Sweeps bill a year to be covered , I had a chimeny fire in december 2013 and was only covered because of the approved sweeps certificate 

Sorry no image available
Posted by nelly15 - 4 years ago

We always get ours done September October just before we start having fires. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 4 years ago

hi, thanks once a year will do then as hopefully wont need it till october soon as the weather gets better

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 4 years ago

At least once a year is common sense and no doubt what any insurance would expect, however when I had my insert fire changed a couple of years ago they recommended to clean at the end of winter period of use and again before using again the following winter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kathy01 - 4 years ago

If you are living in the house you are burning the fire you sweep it. Some insurers ask you to sweep at least once a year however we have a central heating stove and we do ours 4 to 5 times a year as a clean flue is an efficient flue. The fir burs better when the chimney is first cleaned . However we do it ourselves most of the time and just get the annual devis and facture to satisfy the insurers,