DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Choice of area ?

Posted by Terrence-10054058 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Terrence-10054058 - 3 years ago

Thank you Chris, a lot of what you said are very important to us, have given it a lot of thought over last year. always willing to listen to good advice, good luck, regards Terrence.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hello, A big question ..  holiday or part-time or full-time .. You can buy a property anywhere if you are just going to use it as a holiday home .. But when it comes to living in Brittany for long periods look at the "services" in the area you are buying ..  where the shops are and what are they .. how far is it to travel to them ..   Doctors and dentists .. can you join their lists,  then there is hospitals etc ..  Working farms .. work day and night .. young children  .. when there is no school time can be noisey .. New house building in villages .. could be in the field next-door to you .. Views .. you only own the view .. if you own the land it is on .. Travel links .. airports .. do the airlines fly to where you want to go ..  ferries the same .. As they say " Location ..location ..location" .. you can change the house within reason, but you cannot change the location .. once you have bought it .. The "thoughts" I have listed come from friends and people I have spoken to, over the last 10 years or so ..  We came here over 10 years ago .. and were very lucky to have everything on our doorstep.. When we need garden or building  materials, we have a big choice where we can shop .. when we need groceries we have three large supermarkets.. all these within 7km .. we also have excellent links to the big cities of Lorient, Rennes and Vannes.. Well if I have not bored you .. and you have read to here .. where do we live .. between Ploermel and Josselin .. Sud Bretagne .. where it is warmer ..!! Rgds Chris

Sorry no image available

No pie n mash then, cheers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by CarMart-955122 - 3 years ago

Spot on Gleaner .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy-951859 - 3 years ago

GeorgeV gives sound advice, look around, get to know the seasons then decide if it's right for you. we came lock stock and barrel two years ago and never looked back. Good luck x

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busterboy-951859 - 3 years ago

from one cockney to another, you won't hear the bells from hear so wherever you lay your hat will be okay. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

No Terence, you got 2 wrong.

It should be I and not i.

Pedants reign!

Sorry no image available

If you look at my spelling i got one letter wrong oh well thats a cockney for you.

Sorry no image available

Thanks a lot i thiought i was upsetting people for a while, then i get three great pieces of advice all the best Terrence.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 3 years ago

Moved to Josselin in Morbihan 18 months ago, warmer than the Northern areas but only an hour and 40 minutes from St Malo and Dinard for ferries and Ryanair.  40 minutes from Carnac and 20 miles from Vannes.  No regrets and a good communityt of Brits.