DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Chronopost

Posted by davel-383163 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sonnetpete - 3 years ago

I've had quite a few deliveries from Amazon with Chronopost. Lately it's been pretty reliable but it very much depends on how good your individual delivery driver is. About three weeks ago I was expecting a delivery, the van arrived, turned round and drove off, with me shouting at the driver as it dissapeared up our drive!! Five minutes later the driver telephoned to ask where we were and returned with the delivery. I've also had 'no one at home' notes left in the post box when we had waited in all day.

Sorry no image available
Posted by eurajohn-628064 - 3 years ago

I can sympathise, I've also had problems.

A month or so ago I ordered some items, I received the e-mail notification that delivery would be made. On the prescribed day nothing arrived, next day  I checked on the Chronopost tracking web site to find my package had been left at my local post office, the desk assistant was as helpful as ever, demanding my passport as identity.

At a similar time I had ordered an item from China via eBay, which I have done many times before, this one was also handled via Chronopost when in France, this time it was left in the post office at a neighbouring post office about 15 Kms away with a totally different post code, I luckily found out where this one was after contacting the seller who traced it for me.

I can only guess that it was due to a lazy driver as no notes were left suggesting unable to deliver.

Since then I have had a few deliveries to the house without problem, so can only think it was a bad driver that has now been replaced.

John

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yaddlethorpe Crossroads - 3 years ago

Condacted the Opticians TODAY and they have the correct address for me  ****s need a Hob Nailed Boots (preferabluy) up their jacksies!

RJR_M

Sorry no image available
Posted by davel-383163 - 3 years ago

and again the interests of balance, you are correct about the fact the the wrong item being sent is not the drivers or chronoposts fault, but it is symptomatic of the modern idea of service.

Amen.

Sorry no image available

Undercover reporter I will make this as easy as I possibly can (I have already posted all of this on the thread) but hey ho.

The post box is on my gate post, which is on the road, the road and said gate post and said post box is at least 50 yards from my house (which is approached by a driveway).

The dogs actually live in the house (which incidentally is fully double glazed) they cannot hear a vehicle pull up outside of my gates (which let me repeat is 50 yards away from my house, where my dogs are and in a fully double glazed enviroment, at this point are you old enough to remember Ted Moult and his double glazing advert on TV?, if not i'm sure it's on youtube).

However my dogs will hear car horn sound 50 yards away in my fully double glazed house (because the car horn sound is a far higher pitched sound than a vehicle engine. They also hear voices directly outside of my front door and of course anybody knocking on the front door, which let me repeat is 50 yards away from the road, the gate post and the post box, but to attract their attention by sounding a car horn that action needs to be taken by the said driver ie; car horn sounded, which it obviously was not  and to attract their attention by whistling, singing or speaking outside of my double glazed front door or by knocking on my double glazed door, you would actually need to either open the gates, which remember is 50 yards, the gates held up by the gate post that in turn holds the post box and is on the road and after opening the gates either walk 50 yards down the driveway or even drive your van down, it's that simple.

and it's happened 6 times in 6 weeks and only with chronopost.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Undercover Reporter - 3 years ago

davel, sometimes you have to help yourself, it's not always the same here as back in the UK. 

I still can't get my head round the dogs and the fact the driver has put the note in your box without them reacting if as you say they usually let you know of any visitors.

The contents of the parcel will be someone else's fault not the drivers or chronopost, so tomorrow you can be angry with someone else.

Sorry no image available

Sussex gay have tried those bells and found them about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Undercover reporter, you have totally convinced me it's all my fault and too be honest I don't know what all of the fuss was about in the first place, I picked up the item today at la poste and it is totally the wrong item from the one that I ordered and paid 220euros for, so deep joy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Undercover Reporter - 3 years ago

Yaddlethorpe crossroads,  in the small village where we live La Poste in conjunction with the numpty at the mairie decided that everyone should be allocated a number, They have managed to end up with people's road address getting changed (not good for legal documents etc), duplicate numbers such as 3 No7's within about 50 metres of each other, One side of the road numbered 10,11,12 and opposite or next door 214,102, 114 etc (there are only about 40 max  houses in total in the village) add to that where peoples addresses were formally found by the GPS we now have most addresses directed directly to the Mairie itself, delivery drivers now have a right game finding anyone where as before it worked perfectly well. They even asked me to move my letter box from a side entrance where there is a pull in for the delivery van onto a dangerous blind  turn in outside another of our gates. (told them it was my property and than after talking to the facture he prefered it where it was for his safety so would not be doing so) Before a gps took you straight to my house now it takes you about 2km away.

Things will i'm afraid get lost. not always the drivers fault.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yaddlethorpe Crossroads - 3 years ago

It is only a guess that the Opticians have created the wrong address as  I cannot think of any reason why my parcel cannot be delivered if they have the right one. .  Yes, I have a door bell at the gate!!\

RJR_M

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sussex Gay - 3 years ago

UnderCover Reporter has a point. Another point is that normally next to your post box is a doorbell.

These doorbells come in wireless versions and are pretty cheap.