DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Colour Emulsion

Posted by LeBourg-899639 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

LeBourg,

Most paints, including Renaulac, should be applied after an undercoat, which will seal the surface and prevent the more expensive paint from 'disappearing'. You can also first apply a thinned coat of the paint, but the undercoat is usually better value and designed for the purpose.

So called 'one-coat' paints are rarely that! 

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 4 years ago

The cheap French paint does not compare to something like crown at £12 a tub but the more expensive stuff is as good as the English stuff,last time I was in b&g I was quoted £35 for 2.5 litres which is comparable to here.I have used the paint that they mix in bricocash and found it covers very well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeBourg-899639 - 4 years ago

Thank you for your replies. In the past, I have avoided Brico Depot paints after an experience of using BD emulsion which had the consistency of diluted milk and 'disappeared' moments after itt was applied! 

I normally source all my paints from the UK - trusting Johnstone's, Berger and Leyland, even though these are creeping up in price - but can't get back for a while, hence my enquiry. 

I will look at Renaulac now. Are French paint products improving....?

Thanks again

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

Brico Depot sell Renaulac paints, which are very good and can be mixed in larger quantities.

For special colours you have to ask - or look for - someone at the paint counter for the 'nuancer'.

This shows all the colours, and you have to pay extra on top of the cost of the paint in white.

janet

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 4 years ago

If they don't and I suspect they might but if not Brico Depot mix larger cans/pots.