DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

computer

Posted by sandra r - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra r - 3 years ago

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advise on my problem, fortunatly I turned on the PC this morning and it booted up as normal so it's all fine once again to my relief, I did in fact turn it on and off and pulled out all the plugs yesterday, perhaps it was just a blip.

Thanks again.

Sandra

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

As a last resort let it drop a few mm onto a hard surface. Believe me I have seen a few IT professionals solve problems this way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vivaofsnape - 3 years ago

Is it a laptop by any chance? If so sometimes the battery can discharge and even though plugged into the mains they will not reboot. Solution is to take out the battery and reinsert it. That is all that is needed

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLJ-429896 - 3 years ago

Not being flippant, but have you tried turning it off and on again a couple of times?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lbg-414703 - 3 years ago

Don't know where you're located. but we can recommend Dale of Infortech 0298711481 he's a very clever computer engineer - he was able to retrieve information from our computer, when other engineers couldn't and we thought it was all lost.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RonPelley - 3 years ago

Hi, it sounds like your hard drive has failed. I had a similar problem and I used a computer engineer to sort it out. His contact details are:  Philip Wittamore, Mené Informatique tel no 06208337832. E mail philip@Wittamore .com.  I can recommend  him, but other computer engineers would also be able to sort it out.

Regards Ron